Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Hero Burger at Church & Wellesley

First things first - I got the chance to go to Hero Burger with a ladyfriend (don't worry, I don't have a girlfriend). A Burger Boy never turns down an opportunity to go out for a burger with a ladyfriend. This particular ladyfriend happens to be my Principal's daughter, so I am a bit worried about how the Principal would react if the date didn't turn out well. Thankfully, it did and we have a second date for a burger next week. ChaCHING. At first glance, we thought Hero Burger was full of stairs (which could have been a problem for A Burger Boy since said boy of the burger is in a wheelchair). Turns out, Hero Burger was accessible. After looking over the menu, A Burger Boy ordered the 6oz burger (you can't be afraid to go heavy on the meat) and fries. I ordered a Fruitopia to drink - very sweet but an acquired taste.  A Burger Boy thought the presentation was better than McDonalds but still uninspired. I had ketchup on my fries and they were awesome. They were hot, unlike some other establishments (see my post about Licks), and I ate almost all of them. Now for the burger. The 6oz burger was a monster - just big enough for A Burger Boy, served in the classic style - just ketchup. The bun to burger ratio was a 7. The bun was seeded, but sadly not toasted. I ate it anyway. It tasted like a machine-made burger, not handmade, which affects its score. You can never give machine-made burgers the same score as handmade ones. Overall, the burger was good, about a 6. That is as high as I am going to go because I'm just getting back into things after my Eaters Block and I don't want to be too generous, plus Hero Burger is a chain establishment. Final words on Hero Burger: it was juicy and better than many of the fast food joints A Burger Boy has visited.

Excuse the limited number of pictures - my photographer/date fell down on the job. She's on probation for next week.

A sign of good things to come 


The only shot we got of the burger
Not my usual Diet Coke

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that Burger Boy is over his Eaters Block as I have been waiting for an update. Hopefully your photographers skills will improve before your next outing! Looking forward to reading all about your burger adventures. Miss Lewis

    ReplyDelete